Reaction to "Shake My Future"
Megan Nanovic Blog 6
Reading "Shake My Future" for the reality check made me think. Many people take for granted what their future will be with little or no question. People have an idea in their head about what their life will look like, and many people follow that idea they form in their head, but "Shake My Future" challenges that mentality. It pushes people to realize that the future is not set in stone. A person has the ability to change the track of his or her life, and it is just a matter of taking control on one's life. This poem possesses the ability to make readers consider the life they are living and question if they are settling in order to not stray into the unknown. When people read this poem, they may start to wonder if they could step out of their comfort zone in the hopes of pursuing a better life. After I read this poem, I started thinking about some kids that I come in contact with at a pool I work at over the summer. Over the course of the summer, there are some kids that come to the pool almost every day, and this creates the opportunity for lifeguards to earn a trusting relationship with these children. Some of these kids come from bad families, and some are worse off economically. There are a couple kids in particular that I believe would benefit from receiving the message portrayed in this poem. These are good kids, and they need to realize that they do not have to follow in their parents' footsteps. While many lifeguards at the pool I work at talk to these kids, and in some cases mentor them, there is only so much we can do. We can talk to these children and give them advice in some cases, but these kids need to realize that they can form a bright future for themselves if they work for it, and it is my hope that these kids come to this realization in order that they may succeed in life.
Reading "Shake My Future" for the reality check made me think. Many people take for granted what their future will be with little or no question. People have an idea in their head about what their life will look like, and many people follow that idea they form in their head, but "Shake My Future" challenges that mentality. It pushes people to realize that the future is not set in stone. A person has the ability to change the track of his or her life, and it is just a matter of taking control on one's life. This poem possesses the ability to make readers consider the life they are living and question if they are settling in order to not stray into the unknown. When people read this poem, they may start to wonder if they could step out of their comfort zone in the hopes of pursuing a better life. After I read this poem, I started thinking about some kids that I come in contact with at a pool I work at over the summer. Over the course of the summer, there are some kids that come to the pool almost every day, and this creates the opportunity for lifeguards to earn a trusting relationship with these children. Some of these kids come from bad families, and some are worse off economically. There are a couple kids in particular that I believe would benefit from receiving the message portrayed in this poem. These are good kids, and they need to realize that they do not have to follow in their parents' footsteps. While many lifeguards at the pool I work at talk to these kids, and in some cases mentor them, there is only so much we can do. We can talk to these children and give them advice in some cases, but these kids need to realize that they can form a bright future for themselves if they work for it, and it is my hope that these kids come to this realization in order that they may succeed in life.
Comments
Post a Comment