Money Worries

When I first took this class, I honestly did not know what to expect aside from a large amount of reading and discussion. A part of me was just expecting a lot of bland dialogue about how money is stressful and will always be a major factor in our lives. What I didn’t expect was that I would learn a great deal about different economies and lifestyles of the world, read a bunch of fun novels, stories, and anecdotes, get to eat an abundance of tasty cookies, and overall, just really enjoy the class.
Looking back, I have to say the class has really allowed me to grow as a student. It grabbed me, yanked me out my comfort zone, and made me fend for myself in the most glorious of ways. It beckoned me to pitch in during class, demanded I come prepared and that I don’t settle for anything less than exceptional. During my ten-minute presentation, I found that a passionate mindset allows the time to go by much quicker during a monologue. In my art talk, I learned that knowing the source and the creator of the work allows you to understand the most miniscule of details within the work. In my One Button Studio dialogue, I learned that even the smallest mannerisms can be very distracting, especially when you can see yourself doing them. In the discussion I led, I learned that you can make learning fun through friendly competition and rewards.
But most of all, I learned not to judge a book by its cover. I didn’t expect Money Worries to be easy at all, but I didn’t expect it to be this positively impacting either, and I am very happy, grateful, and honored to have been proven wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 11, Foreign Aid, Paternalism, and Africa

A tie in to my art talk and sending out hopeful messages

Billet de 20 francs-- Debussy